- Headline your post with “The T.A.P. Tag!” and put “tanka” as one of your tags.
- Make sure to link back to the original post that started the tag (this post!).
- Make sure to mention the person who
forcedintroduced the tag to you!
- Pick 1-3 of your favorite anime.
- Write your tanka about the anime you’ve chosen. It’s fine if you decide to do only one or two if the schedule is tight.
- Tag at least 3 or more bloggers you know, and get their creative muscles flowing.
For those who don’t know how tanka work (and are too lazy to refer to the original post, linked above), it’s basically a slightly extended haiku, following the format of 5-7-5-7-7 syllables/line.
Kara no Kyoukai
Seems like a good place to start when it comes to poetry!
For a twisting pain,
Or an acrophobic view,
Or an awe for death –
They each pursued what they knew
Could never be touched.
Bending the rules by doing manga, but I’m pleased with how I managed to fit three specific references into this.
As you perch up still
While adults play hide-and-seek,
Remember to pray:
“Dear God, twinkle twinkle hoy!”
…Punpun was just fine today.
Kimi no Na wa
Had a bit of fun with this one; sorry, Taki-kun.
Won’t forget your name!
Mitsuha, Mitsuha, Mits-
Let me write this down…
We’ll meet again at twilight!!!
…Or not. (I’ll just draw a line.)
- A Winter’s Reverie (you might like this)
- Chizurue (welcome back!)
- Rushi (you seem like a poetry person)
As always, no pressure to do this, and feel free to ignore if you’ve done it before. Anyone else who wants to pick up the challenge after reading this post is 110% welcome to do so!