I said I’d answer all the awards that I’m aware of in my 200 follower appreciation post – here comes the first wave! I thought about giving it a more generic name like “Award Tag Salad,” but then the salads I like don’t tend to have a lot of things in it (caprese being my favourite), so I went with burrito instead. I like burritos.
I’m just going to answer the questions this time around, so I’ll skip the rules altogether (I know, how dare I). Feel free to look at them by clicking the links to the award posts I was tagged in though! I linked all of them in this post.
What is the single greatest purchase you have ever made?
Hmm…great as in expensive? Or great as in wonderful? Oh, I know! I buy this fancy double-baked almond croissant to treat myself after I accomplish things worthy of rewarding myself for. At $5.3 CAD each (before tax), that stuff’s both expensive and unimaginably wonderful! Other than that, my greatest purchase would probably be student fees, though I don’t feel great making such purchases…
If you could have one song play as entrance music every time you entered a room, what would it be?
Hmm…I think of OSTs (I think people would soon ban me from entering rooms otherwise, if my music gets too obnoxious). The first one that came to mind is Kikyo’s OST from Inuyasha, for some reason. This would be very melodramatic in real life…
You are asked to paint an interpretation of the modern world. What would your painting look like?
Something with a lot of lines and geometric shapes. I’d put a person or two in there too, because I can never produce a drawing that doesn’t feature something alive. Maybe some tiny silhouette people lurking behind the lines and shapes. Don’t ask me why; it just feels right.
Favourite and least favourite genres of music?
I don’t really think about my favourite music in terms of genres. In terms of J-pop, I’m one of those people who ends up liking the theme songs of whatever anime they enjoy. I do generally enjoy neo-classical, Celtic, or even opera singing though! I have a lot of respect for people who sing pretty. As for least favourite…English pop? It’s only because I used to work as a cashier in a grocery store that was always playing radio music, and I just find those songs so brainwashingly repetitive with the choruses. See, even in J-pop, the lyrics in each chorus are always a bit different. Radio pop music is evil when I want to sleep but the same lines of lyrics just won’t go away…
You are turned into a popular anime character for one week, but it isn’t one that you’d like to be. Who have you turned into, and who would you have preferred to turn into?
I googled “top anime characters” due to my lack of ideas. One of the results that showed up first was Naruto, so let’s work with that. Being Naruto might be kind of nice, having clones and eating ramen and all of that. Which stage of Naruto though…that can sure impact the experience. If from the same anime, I’d much rather be – Orochimaru! Don’t ask me why, but I totally idolized Orochimaru when I watched Naruto as a kid. Wouldn’t it be fun being young for 50 years and having a ridiculously long tongue? You can use it like an extra limb, provided that you don’t mind having saliva over everything.
This one is from – thespookyredhead! Check out her blog if you haven’t; she makes the best listicles. Three questions – here we go!
If you meet someone (online or in person) who passionately hates your OTP, how would you handle a conversation in which you’re discussing your OPT with?
I’m not sure if I have an OTP, but I can still have strong opinions about certain ships. The conversation probably won’t last that long. I’ll just smile politely and let them say what they have to say (while condemning their inferior tastes in my head). I’ll have a long and pleasantly heated argument if it’s a close friend though~
If you could visit anywhere you wanted, where would you go and how long would you stay for (all practicality aside)?
I want to move inside one of my nicer dreams. Probably the kind involving lots of open space and random fantastical elements. Oh, there was one with a cool magician on top of a tower (who shoved me down the tower when I wasn’t looking). I would like to hang out with that guy again and ask him nicely why he did that. Probably not for forever though – I like certain things about my real life.
Samsung or Apple?
I’m cheap and I don’t use either! I have a Xiaomi now. If I must choose, I’d choose…Samsung? No justifications here though.
One Lovely Blog
Next up is this lovely award from Nicole at The BookWorm Drinketh! Ehh? No questions this time? I guess you get to hear 7 random things about myself!
- I have one younger brother who owns fish tanks. He likes to steal my stuff and use it as supplies for his fish tank (the ramekin I use for baking souffles got used as a container for fish food, and an incense burner was thrown into the tank for decoration). I threaten to pan-fry his angelfish when he does that.
- I sing in the shower. I’d sing all the time if I could, but I find that singing affects my productivity too much when I’m trying to get things done. So I limit it to shower time! It’s my daily therapy.
- I used to be obsessed with reading and memorizing Chinese poetry. I’m not sure how I managed, but I used to be able to recite 700-character ballads from memory. I read this stuff in classes during high school too. Perhaps this is due to my anxiety over losing my first language after being in Canada for too long.
- I get nosebleeds a lot, especially during the spring and summer. There was one time when I was watching Inuyasha in elementary school and my mom sat on the sofa with me. Naraku appeared and I happened to get a nosebleed. My mom: “I told you he’s the hottest character in this show – now you finally agree with me.”
- In the future, I would like to have three kids who are musical, artistically-inclined, and bilingual (can speak English and Mandarin fluently). Two girls and one boy would be ideal. I’ve got it all planned out…
- I enjoy airplane meals. I enjoy airplane rides in general.
- I’ve kept an imaginary world since I was 13, and there are two main residents there. Their names are Agyagya and Sheia. Sheia was electrocuted to death two years ago, and Agyagya is and isn’t around most of the time. I can easily picture what both of them look like, except for their constantly shifting hair colours. I was so invested in this world during my teenage years that I wasn’t sure if I daydreamed to make my life fuller or if I lived for the sake of daydreaming. I’m losing my ability to connect to it, but I kind of miss the feeling. The desire to get that feeling back is one of the reasons I try to lucid-dream.
Now then, I shall nominate people. If you get nominated, feel free to do any of the three awards! I will come up with 5 questions for you if you want to play (choose 3 if you’re doing the Unique option, I guess?)
I’ve nominated some of you before, but I wanted to have five because five is a pleasant number, and you all happen to be pleasant people. More award burritos coming up, so I gotta save some nominations for next time! Up to you if you feel like doing it. (I left my award tags there for over a month already, so I’m totally not someone to judge…)
- What is one controversial food that you actually like?
- Pancakes or waffles? Any specific type of pancakes/waffles?
- Favourite holiday food? (Any holiday, any meal!)
- What’s your coffee order? (If you don’t like coffee, feel free to list all the modifications you’d make to make your drink as un-coffee as possible.)
- What’s your opinion on the trendy macarons? (You can still have an opinion even if you haven’t tried them!)
Bonus question: what’s a nickname I can call you by?