Thanks to my friendo kingdylbag for nominating me. I’m trying to make it a goal to not have more than two award posts lined up now, so here it is (finally). Honestly, my blog isn’t that mysterious and I’m not that much of a mystery either. I’m really bad at keeping any sort of secret at all and would probably tell you anything about me if you ask. But oh well, if King Dylan insists, I, as a loyal subject, should do as he abides.
- Put the award/logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the awar…. Don’t know who that is???
- Tell the readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people (I’m going to have to nominate the same people as usual, lol).
- Ask your nominees 5 questions with one wierd or funny question.
- Share a link to one of your best posts.
3 Things About Me
- I used to play piano (for 10 years, actually), before I quit that to learn an instrument called the 古箏 (guzheng) – a type of Chinese zither. I wanted to learn it partly because it felt very classy. I really love both instruments, but haven’t touched them in a while… It’ll be my summer goal, I guess.
- To juxtapose that last fact: BuzzFeed quizzes are a guilty pleasure of mine. Some of them are just so dumb, but the food pictures draw me in every time. “Order a Taco and Build a Hot Guy and We’ll Reveal a Deep Truth About You?” Honestly, I just click for the taco part. I do these during certain lectures too…I wonder how much I get judged.
- I am a mid-April baby, which makes me an Aries. It also means that people can’t really celebrate my birthday because it’s exam season, haha. Back in Taiwan, practically all the people I knew believed in horoscopes to some extent, and they were always shocked to hear that I was an Aries. Aries’ are supposedly: hot-tempered, athletic, confident, impatient, passionate, honest, aggressive. Yeah…I’d rather be something else. I’m often told that I’m honest, and am also secretly very impatient. I have awfully good self-control though, so it doesn’t really show.
Questions for Me
1. Whats your favourite TV show?
The only TV show I’ve seen more than one episode of is the Game of Thrones, and I did enjoy it quite a bit, so it’ll be that. Was inspired to watch it because of a class on medieval romance literature. I’m currently on Season 4. Progress is slow because TV shows take a lot more time than anime.
2. Whats your favourite Genre for music?
I enjoy neo-classical and Celtic stuff, and whatever Kalafina and Akiko Shikata are. I like Loreena McKennitt and Heather Dale. I was in choir for some time and I admire great head voice performances and rounded vocals. That being said, I’m also quite a fan of angry Vocaloid songs and anime themes that involve a lot of rock (feeds my inner angst?). This is often for the lyrics or for anime hype though.
3. Whats your new years resolution?
I don’t usually take New Year resolutions seriously, but I did list some in this reflection post. Blog more, read more, oh, and save some money if I can. I really want to work at Starbucks as a barista once in my life, but I feel the constant pressure to aim for a “better” job. It sucks.
4. What are you excited for in 2018?
2018 doesn’t excite me in particular. My feelings towards this year are neutral.
5. Favourite meme? (always have to do this one)
How dare you expect me to be able to choose one meme? This one’s pretty good though:
Caramelldansen’s pretty old, but if you don’t know what it is: sorry, don’t hate me.
My Best Post
I don’t really know if I have a best one, but I do feel like my earlier posts were the best ones. I did use one of them as the writing sample for a job application after all.
Post on the best movie: 10 Best Things: Howl’s Moving Castle
Questions From Me
Since I know you’re all busy people, I’m going to give you easy questions. Don’t ask me why I chose kale, because I don’t know myself.
- What’s your opinion on kale?
- If you have to eat kale, how would you prepare it?
- Would you rather: kale salad or kale smoothie?
- If somebody buys you a kale-green sweater for Christmas, would you wear it?
- What’s the longest time you’ve been in love for? (See…it’s not going to all be about kale)
Not sure which question the “weird” one is here.
More Mysteries to be Unraveled:
If you’ve been nominated too many times (which I know happens)…fine, just skip this. This is one of the awards I had the most fun doing though. A lot of these are bloggers I followed more recently, because they’re the most mysterious to me.
- Nayana Nair
- Rodrovich’s Anime Blog
- The Afictionado
- Shokamoka (*I see that this is an ongoing game and I want to join too!)
I’m grateful for all the friends I made on WordPress, and would love to know more about all the mysterious people I named. As always, thanks for reading!