So some of you may recall me asking for readers for some articles I’m writing in my last post. I am very grateful for the large amount of kind people who volunteered to participate. My friend Perlem suggested that we could potentially create a sort of peer editing network, possibly through Twitter, as a place for anyone with things they want to get edited/read to share their work and read others’ work as well.
Some of my ideas:
- Links to Google Docs will be shared. Comment and edit, but make sure to track edits so that you’re not altering the original content.
- Anything you write is cool. Academic papers, creative writing, articles, resumes, etc. that you would like a second opinion on. Variety is greatly welcomed.
- No strict commitment required. Don’t feel obligated to read everything, but check out whatever interests you whenever you have the time!
- Anyone is free to join. You don’t even have to know me, really.
- Join at any point (quit at any point too). Even if you stumble into this proposal a while after it’s been posted.
Once again, there are just so many wonderful people on WP who each have their unique writing styles and perspectives, which is why I thought such a network would be quite beneficial to all of us. You don’t necessarily need to be on WP though.
So what are you guys’ thoughts? Could this work? If you’re interested in giving it a go, comment on this post or talk to me on Twitter.