When I just started my blog and before I got any awards, I used to misread the One Lovely Blog Award as One Lonely Blog. I was confused as to why anyone would name an award something so sad, and even wondered if a blogger just gives themselves that to feel… less lonely. Haha… I am super thankful that I am in fact lovely, and I thank all of you guys for reading my stuff!
Oh, and on a side note, I’ve noticed that I rarely get notifications when I’m nominated for awards. I’m not entirely sure if this is normal, but if you’ve nominated me and I didn’t comment, then I probably just didn’t end up seeing it. Contact me and I will be sure to respond!
One Lovely Blog Award Rules:
1) Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
2) Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post
3) Share 7 things about yourself
4) Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15)
5) Include this set of rules
6) Inform your nominees
So, 7 Things About Myself…
- I love grocery shopping and my favourite place to shop at is Costco. Because of samples, of course. I also enjoy Costco food courts. I once did a telephone survey that asked what I like to shop for and why, and I said “groceries, because it’s therapeutic,” and the person wouldn’t believe me (how rude…). But it’s true though. Walking down all those glorious isles of food never fails to make me happy.
- I come from Taiwan and moved many times in my life, back and forth between there and Canada (that’s 6 houses and 7 schools!). All that moving and transferring made me extremely introverted as a teen, and caused me to adopt Chinglish (Chinese-English fusion) as the dominant language. I can neither speak English nor Mandarin quickly without faltering, but can read and write in both at a pretty high level. So maybe I’m just bad at talking.
- Rapunzel is my most envied Disney princess. Strictly speaking, only Rapunzel in the first 1/4 of the movie. I want to have extremely long hair with healing properties and be imprisoned in a spacious tower and make progress in all the hobbies I have no time for. Being “imprisoned” is important, because it signifies that you’re blameless for not going out there and are only making the best of your given environment.
- I only read the Harry Potter series last year (I know, how dare I) for a YA lit. class, but am now wholly embracing the fandom. I did the Sorting Hat quiz on Pottermore, and apparently I’m a Slytherin.
- My favourite myth is Orpheus and Eurydice. This is probably because I saw what I considered to be an extremely well-made anime version of it in elementary school (still trying to find it!). It’s hardly the most creative or exciting myth, but the tragedy of it impacted me greatly even as a kid.
- I invent random words and make cat noises. Words include “gya,” “cuha,” “mupa,” and “adugya.” The uses are difficult to summarize, but I do use them in place of another word when my Chinglish vocabulary fails me during a dialogue, or when I get anxious or remember something embarrassing from a long time ago (usually just cat noises for agitation, and ONLY when I’m alone). Sometimes I forget that I’m not alone though, but people are usually happy to pretend they never heard anything if you pretend along with them.
- I lucid-dream sometimes. Quite often recently. It’s even giving me the chance to perfect the art of flying – which tends to take a lot of motor skills in my dreams. They don’t last very long though, and lucidity can fade away in the middle of a good dream, making me the puppet of my subconsciousness again. I believe keeping a dream journal was what caused it to start happening (well, that and YouTube tutorials…).
Oh no, I believe I’ve revealed myself to be not that normal of a person. I don’t know why I thought of all the oddest parts of me when I’m asked to list 7 things about myself, but oh well. Who in this world isn’t a little odd?
*Ignore if you’ve already been nominated! (Or do it again, because I love reading random things about people) I won’t feel hurt if you don’t do it though 🙂
I still have a few awards to go, so I’m not going to nominate too many people this time (geez, it’s already getting difficult). Congrats for being lovely, people!