Thanks to Amelia from A Girl & Her Anime for nominating me! I am flattered that she thinks the fact that I post whatever I feel like posting without much of a pattern so far suggests that I’m unique rather than just really disorganized. Amelia shares her thoughts on anime, manga, music, and games in a much more structured fashion than me, and you should all check her blog out!
So Here are the Rules:
- Display the award!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. (Try and include a little bit of promotion!)
- Answer the questions they’ve written for you!
- Nominate 8-13 bloggers and give them three questions in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity within our blogging family!
Questions for Me
1) What was it that made you start blogging?
2) What do you do in your free time apart from blogging?
3) What are your blog goals for 2018?
My answers for 1 and 3 are basically summarized in this recent post: The Moyatorium: A Brief Existence that Hopes to Stick Around. I started blogging because I felt obligated to have some online writing experience (and obviously because I watch lots of anime), and I hope to reach out to more bloggers and have a consistent system for blogging even while school goes on.
As for what I do in my free time – well, lots of things! Not that I have much free time, sadly.
- I am an avid baker and would try just about any Pinterest recipe (I’ve been really into Indian sweet-making recently, and am in love with Nisha Madhulika‘s channel on YouTube).
- I like to take walks as often as I can every day (especially at dawn or in the snow, when things are all pretty pretty ^^). It’s usually the only daily exercise I get… I suddenly feel old admitting this.
- I really like to sing. I also only really sing in Japanese, because J-pop is the genre of music I’ve been exposed to the most (thanks to anime and my early interest in Vocaloid). I like to consider singing to be a release of emotions sometimes, and would hate it if I sing in a language that my family can understand.
My Questions to You
- Why did you choose the avatar you have?
- Do you share your blogging experience with people you know in real life? To what extent?
- Do you think your blogger persona differs from your real life personality?
If you’ve been nominated before, or if award posts just aren’t your thing, please don’t feel obligated to do it. If I nominated you, I definitely think your blog is special though, so accept the compliment part, at least.
- Izzy Stars: produces not only really creative posts on anime and TV, but has extensive knowledge on world history as well. I was really impressed by their first post in the alphabetical series Who is the Most Significant Person in Each Country’s History?
- erin: writes the most sincere posts about the things in her life. Her posts are meaningful but easy to read, and her language manages to be simultaneously fluid and charged with feeling.
- Jenn: blogs about anime and games, and comes up with plenty of creative post titles. I appreciate the amount of current shows they review.
- Fueled by Smiling: has a very inspirational blog name but a slightly intimidating avatar. But don’t worry; aside from regular reviews and discussions on interesting anime-related topics, they also have the series Sparkling Smile Sundays and Life Lessons to give you a dose of motivation (or simply a good laugh) on the worst days.
- tetrax4berium: writes great reviews on anime among other things, including, manga and music. She is a massive Holo fan, and draws the most adorable Holos to illustrate her points (see this reflection post).
- Rose: blogs on just about everything cool, including cosplaying, sketches, and local Vancouver eats. I discovered her blog pretty recently, but am already loving the stuff she has. Also, I’m really excited about finding a senpai who goes to the same school I do!
- Nairne: is kind of new to the community (wow, fresher than me!), but comes up with the most interesting anime posts (see his post on decapitation). Should mention that he’s the alter-ego of the already-established blogger Auri, who shares the same blog.
- biblionyan: makes the best anime/book lists! I can’t believe someone can read enough books to make these lists on a regular basis. She reads from just about every genre as well.
That’s it for now. As per usual, if you don’t remember who I am or haven’t followed me, that’s perfectly reasonable, because it’s not like I’ve been around for that long. You don’t have to do this award, but do know that I really admire your blog!