A big thanks to Yahari Bento for nominating me – they are too humble when they describe themself as “unwise,” because they provide fascinating insight on a great range of topics, including light novels, anime, manga, and games.
This blog started in August, but proper content didn’t start coming out until November. Lots of love to the people who actually read my stuff and especially those who followed too.
- Display Award
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers.
11 COMBO QUESTIONS
The reason I’m trying to get this post out as soon as possible before this holiday season ends is apparent from the questions.
1. When you were a little kid, did you believe in Santa or not?
- Why yes I did! Though I kind of hope I didn’t. I found out the horrible truth when my parents took me back to Taiwan for three years, and because it’s Asia, nobody else believed in Santa. There was this really mean elementary school teacher who asked the whole class “who here still believes in Santa?”, and I was the only one who put up my hand. Gyaaaa…cringe.
2. Guess where Santa would live.
- Um…the North Pole? (Just one of the lies I’ve been fed).
3. Do you think Santa lives alone or not? (exclude reindeers)
- I believe Santa lives a semi-retired life with Mrs. Claus. They’ve had children, but the children are all scattered in the world now (the North Pole probably doesn’t offer much), searching for better job opportunities and crying about housing prices (Oh no, I’ve taken on a rather cynical tone in this post…).
4. How can Santa pass the chimney if he is fat?
- Hey, don’t judge Santa! But that’s pretty valid question, considering how tiny chimneys have gotten or how some houses don’t have chimneys at all. I imagine Santa to have a highly malleable body. Now I’m wondering if it hurts a lot for him to squeeze through all these chimneys…
5. I wonder how Santa has money to buy tons of presents for kids. Is he a stock trader?
- Well, if this guy messes with stocks, we’d have known because there wouldn’t have been any Christmas presents in the years 1929 and 2008. His elves make the gifts. As for whether they are paid fairly…that’s another question. For more on the subject, check out this article on the question of slavery in the North Pole.
6. What will you do if you meet him in your own bedroom?
- Pretend to sleep.
- Call police.
- Most likely #2. I would absolutely freak out but be too scared to call the police. And why would Santa be in my bedroom? No chimney here…no milk and cookies either. What does he want from me?
7. If Santa has two versions (Mr.Santa and Miss Santa), which one do you prefer?
- Ooh, interesting. I don’t think it really matters to me (as long as they both deliver presents).
8. Even Santa would wish for a present, what do you want to give to him?
- There we go, something I can finally provide a positive response for. I’d bake Santa the best cookies!! I have a lot of confidence in my cookie-baking skills. And a good cup of espresso, because he probably needs it (On second thought, maybe he would prefer vodka?).
9. The same question, but this time is for reindeers of Santa.
- Oh hm, I kind of forgot about them. Reindeer probably can’t eat cookies? Do they eat dog food? Probably still food, because I like food and I like offering others food.
10. Which one do you prefer between big Santa uncle or chibi Santa?
- “Big Santa uncle” is classic Santa, isn’t he? Don’t know why, but big Santa uncle sounds kind of creepy. Definitely chibi Santa for me. Pocket Santa. It’s probably much easier for Santa to slide through chimneys discreetly that way anyways.
11. Do you think Santa will read my 11 combo questions someday?
- If that involves reading my responses to it too, I sure hope not. I don’t feel like I’ve spoken of him in a positive enough light. I would get punished… But hey, if this guy can make lists of who’s good and who’s bad, he can probably see everything. Everything. Therefore, your combo questions would surely reach him. Don’t worry, he’ll surely put Bento on the good list. But man, Santa is a guy to be feared.
MY 11 QUESTIONS
- If you do a half-smile, does your mouth curve upwards on the right side or the left?
- What anime “dere” archetype do you most identify with? The basic ones: tsundere, yandere, kuudere, dandere, himedere. For info on each or additional choices, check out this guide.
- If you could have siblings (or reassign them if you already have siblings), would you like older or younger siblings, and of the same or opposite gender? And how many?
- What’s your stance on avocado toast?
- What anime superpower do you want the most?
- Favourite Japanese band (if you have one)?
- If you got stuck in the world of the most recent anime you watched, would you still be okay (mentally and/or physically)?
- What food or chain restaurant would you recommend to someone visiting your country?
- Do you prefer small spaces with firm walls or large, open spaces? Does either one disturb you?
- What’s your favourite drink?
- What do you want your epitaph to be?
From Yahari Bento:
+ (What is the Liebster Award?) The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome
I don’t know many of you that well yet, but isn’t this a great chance to do so? I hope you enjoy my questions.
- The Spooky Red Head
- Purposefully Lackluster
- Merlin’s Musings
- Arthifis’ Place
- Mel in Anime Land
- Lethargic Ramblings
- Slice of Alfredo
- Seasonal Prattle
- Jon Spencer Reviews
Thanks again, everyone! I’m really glad I started this blog.